Teachers are always promoting kindness and encouraging students to show kindness. The perfect way for students to SHOW kindness is with the kindness activities using the Unlock the Door for Kindness Fun!
TEACHER SET UP
The Kindness Activities are SUPER EASY and LOW PREP for you! There are many kindness ideas for your students to participate in. They are an excellent way to mix fun activities with small acts of kindness.
First, decide if you want your class to do a fun activity a day and if you want to count up or down to something…maybe a class Valentine's Day party, holiday, or longer break. These activities can be a reward at the end of the day or as part of a morning meeting! You can even have your students participate in a class kindness challenge! Display the slide for the activity you choose. Print any included pages, maybe gather a few items for a few of the activities and you are set!
Each kindness activity is designed to be high interest and engaging for students while being low prep and low stress for you! And they are an easy way to encourage a culture of kindness in your classroom
- 5 Minute to Win it Games – opportunities for students to practice using kindness in a fun way!
- Find Someone Who… Activity – students get up and interact with each other.
- Kindness Word Search – let students work independently in partnerships, or in small groups. Further focusing on being kind while enjoying a word search.
- The ABC’s of Kindness – students get creative thinking of all the different ways to be kind
- What I Love About Myself Reflection – being kind to oneself is also important. This activity gives students the opportunity to share what they love about themselves.
- Class Kindness Notes – students share kind notes and kind words with a classmate. SO important to build classroom community and share positive messages with each other.
- Random Acts of Kindness – students get to put kindness in action.
- Kindness Brochure – thinking and writing about the importance of kindness..
- Thank You Notes – students can write a note to someone who has shown kindness to them. (staff member, someone in their own lives, a friend)
- Kindness Charades – students get to act out acts of kindness.
All 10 kindness activities are a great way to allow students to think about, reflect, or act kind. The message of kindness is so important to teach students. They are sure to become your students' favorite kindness activities.
MORE UNLOCK ACTIVITIES?
If you and your students enjoyed these activities, there are more coming to the growing bundle! There will be unlock the door activities for SEL, growth mindset, and emotions, and this kindness unlock the door activity.
The best thing about the unlock activities is how engaged the students will be! Not to mention the minimal work it takes for you! They are the best way to engage students in fun activities while also embedding social emotional learning throughout the day. And there are SO MANY ways to use the activities!!
Looking for more kindness…check out this Freebie!
Kindness Classroom Management Bingo FREEBIEEnhance your classroom management fun with this KINDNESS BINGO CHALLENGE! Simply fill out the form to have it sent straight to your inbox!
Pin this image to come back to the blog!